"Gateway.log" and some other big files

Hi,

I don’t know if this is normal but in our projects we have some big files that in some cases, overloaded the hard disk.

I’m talking about some kind of log file located in this folder: “C:\Archivos de programa\Inductive Automation\Ignition\contexts\main\logs”.

For example, We’ve installed ignition yesterday and today we already have 2 files (2gb each one).

Any explanation of which is the pourpose of this files and if I can desactivate this feature.

Thanks in advance.

Those log files can get big if you have a lot of errors. By default we keep only a few days of logs but they can get over 1GB each. To turn off the logging edit the:

C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\contexts\main\log4j.properties

file. Change the following line:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, FileAppender, SysoutAppender

to:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, SysoutAppender

That removes the file logger. I believe you have to restart Ignition in order for that settings to take place. You can delete the old logs to clean up disk space.

Thank you very much. :prayer:

You should turn them back on and find out what is causing the errors and fix them. We can help diagnose what is going on.

This should no longer be a problem with newer versions of Ignition, the old HTML logs that could grow unbounded have been replaced with a fixed-size binary logging format.