Gateway log full of 'ResourceReferenceRegistry' warnings

Can someone shed a light on why is my gateway log full of "ResourceReferenceRegistry" warnings:

What does that even mean...?
This is a fairly new installation of 8.1.23 (1 month) and upgraded to 8.1.24 with one project in development and I have only Vision, no Perspective...

EDIT:
I just found that every time I click on the 'Config' tab and then back to 'Status' tab and 'Logs', there's a new entry in the logs...

What OS do you use/how did you upgrade?

It seems like the backing framework we use (Wicket) is complaining that the headerlogo.gif asset cannot be found. Which might make sense, because I don't see a headerlogo.gif in our assets, but presumably more people would have encountered this if it was a common problem.

I'm on Windows server 2019.
I installed Ignition 8.1.23 in a new/fresh Windows server, worked on a project for a month, and last week I upgraded to 8.1.24.
I upgraded just as I've done a hundred times before: I ran the 8.1.24 install .exe file and everything goes smoothly...

Interesting. Well, the "good" news is that it's definitely not indicating anything too significant as a problem. I'll do some digging to see if I can figure out what might be going wrong/if this is a common issue.

1 Like

Today I upgraded to v8.1.25 and it's still the same...
Every time I click on the 'Config' tab and then back to the 'Status' tab and 'Logs', there's a new entry in the logs...

Can you send a gateway backup in to support? Since you can reproduce across versions it's evidently something on your local system, and a gwbk should hopefully capture what.

Sure. .gwbk is around 20 Mb in size.
Where to send it and what to say?

Just email support@inductiveautomation.com. You can reference this forum thread, which should help the rep shortcut a bit of the process since I'm telling you to send it in.

1 Like

The support (and @PGriffith of course) gave an idea and it was the right one...

I would check browser extensions that change the appearance of pages. Things like dark mode readers, etc..

When I tried in a different browser there was no error.
So it must be something in my browser... and I found it.

I have a Dark Reader extension in my Chrome browser and when I disable the extension in Chrome settings, the error is no more.

1 Like