Gateway Memory Leak

Good afternoon all

I’m a new custodian of our gateway and since taking over and having the previous maintainer and developer leave I’ve been having a consistent problem with the memory ramping up to our max allocated over time. I’ve been working to learn where I could look to find things that might be causing this to happen and here is one thing I’ve found that could be a culprit. Could anyone help me out here?

1 Like

Here is a grab of the ramping effect I am seeing.

Possibly. But the thread giving the error is dead, so it by itself is not the leak. What it might be setting up and then not clearing when it dies might be a concern. You’ll need to show us the rest of the error, or the corresponding clip from the wrapper log. (Please not a screen-shot–paste text then use the pre-format button.)

And if identifiable, the script that is failing.

SystemUtilities	10Sep2021 15:28:36
	Error running function from system.util.invokeAsynchronous

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.JythonExecException: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
at org.python.core.Py.TypeError(Py.java:265)
at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:409)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.ScriptManager.runFunction(ScriptManager.java:821)
at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.script.GatewaySystemUtilities.lambda$_invokeAsyncImpl$0(GatewaySystemUtilities.java:139)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.python.core.PyException: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
... 5 common frames omitted

Thank you for the quick response, I am very new and inexperienced with this specifically and databases in general. It’s a ‘trial by fire’ kind of situation. I used the pre-format button, though I don’t know if I did it correctly.

So, that one isn't your problem. It isn't even getting to run that jython script.

Done good. (:

You’re probably going to have to take runtime histograms or otherwise use java tools to inspect what is going on. You should get support involved directly. (This forum is not support–just interested volunteers.)

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! Next time I hunt down another promising lead, would it be wiser to reply here or to make a new topic?

You can stay in this topic until solved. New problems would go in new topics.

1 Like

Got it, I’ll see about how to get started working with support.