Gateway Problem

I’ve got something new going on right now.

I have three client apps running, and they are working fine. But, I can’t get to the gateway page, I can’t open the designer, and I can’t launch any new apps from shortcuts.

Where do I start looking? I can’t restart the gateway right now.

Open the GCU, get a thread dump, and send it into support.

Thanks. Just sent it in.

Just as a followup, this was caused by an issue that is resolved in 7.2.6.

Can you elaborate a little bit on what you found? I have to send a report to my customer with a what, why, and corrective action.

There was a bug in the version of HSQLDB that was included with Ignition 7.2.4 that caused a deadlock to occur. Ignition 7.2.5 contains a newer version, and 7.2.6 yet another newer version.

The version included with 7.2.6 claims to have fixed this particular bug in its release notes.

Thanks. Since they are going to ask, can you tell me 1) was this bug exposed by something in particular I was doing, and 2) can you point me to the actual mention of it in the release notes?

I’m at the point in my project where any deviation from production has to be accounted for, and I have to write a test plan to test the scenario if at all possible. A formality I have to deal with.

[quote=“Step7”]
I’m at the point in my project where any deviation from production has to be accounted for, and I have to write a test plan to test the scenario if at all possible. [/quote]

Production?

(Otherwise known as the best test environment)

I’ve forwarded you an email chain because the entry in the HSQL change log was too general.