Gateway Status Page Perspective Sessions

I noticed that the list of active perspective sessions showing on the gateway Status/Connections/Perspective Sessions does not reflect correctly or update quickly and can show connections that have not been active for a while. What is the expected update cycle to track these and is there anything that would keep it from tracking accurately?

It depends on the settings of your Project. There's a setting which allow for specifying how long a Session should remain "alive" when a connection is lost.

Project > Project Properties > Perspective > General > Session Timeout

Now, this loss in connection is loosely defined as The Gateway can no longer communicate with the Session.

This loss in connection can either be a network hiccup, or it could be the user closing their browser tab. During either of these scenarios, the Session will remain alive on the Gateway up to the time specified by the project.

So even if a user closes their browser tab, the Session remains open some period of time. Once this period of time has elapsed, only then will the session be removed from those listings.
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 2.00.39 PM

Ok, I can understand that but I also have issue when a session is open but doesn't show for a while.

I have one session open and one designer for a project on the same computer and IP but both show as an active session instead of one for each.

Does the gateway itself have a refresh period on this page?

The page polls (requests new information) every few seconds.

Because both have their own unique session ID. Those are two different sessions on one computer. All pages opened to the same project within the same browser will share a Session ID. Pages opened to different projects will have different Session IDs. Pages opened in separate browsers - even if to the same project - will have different Session IDs. Your Designer and your Browser are two distinct "browser" instances, so each have their own Session ID.

I was just trying to understand the catalyst which distinguished one from the other. Here is another example showing a designer and browser opened for the same project but now it is different. I will say, the designer was opened first then the URL.

I don't think anyone understands your issue on this, as this is expected behavior. The designer will always show up as a separate session from your browser instances, even if on the same PC. I think @cmallonee explained it well.

Not always, as I had shown in the thread. Sometimes designer comes up as a session instead of designer on the active sessions page.