Gateway Status screen

This might just be that the one network side is running where the IP’s are assigned but the IT dept asked me to ask for clarity.

If you type in the address of the server:8080 and you click on GATEWAY STATUS then click on CLUSTER MAP. When viewing the cluster map anything on the plant side or 10.x.x.x network the IP address shows up proper and this is the side with fixed IP addresses. However when any of the clients on the 192.x.x.x side log in they are show with the IP address of the primary networks gateway not the IP address of the host that is logging in. Is there a reason for this?

BTW just so you know our server is running dual NIC cards, one NIC card is the plant side and the other the primary network side.

Thanks and have a great day.

1. Are you using clustering?
  2. Do you want to enable direct access from both subnets?
  3. Is there an actual problem or just an observed discrepancy on the cluster map?
  4. “IP address shows up proper” doesn’t mean a whole lot to me. I recommend posting screenshots with what you expect and what you don’t.

In the Gateway Configuration page under system->settings & network, you can restrict IP addresses and force the Gateway interface/IP address, respectively.

To answer your questions:

1. No the clustering is not in use at this time. We only have one server.

2. I dont understand. I can get to the server from both IP addresses. I can either use the 10.x.x.x:8080 or I can use 192.x.x.x:8080 and both will bring up the gateway page.

3. No problem just an observation. As I mentioned in my OP when one of the production floor PC’s log into the IA software and you look at the Cluster Map they have the correct IP addresses. This can be confirmed when you go to that PC and from the CMD prompt type in IPCONFIG. You can watch as each one logs in and then a respective FactoryPMI Client box comes up for that address. ALL the production floor PC’s are on the 10.x.x.x network.

Now if someone logs in from an office PC, they are on the 192.x.x.x side. When they log into the IA software instead of showing that PC’s IP address you will see the MAIN PC gateway IP address. And when I say MAIN PC gateway I am not talking about the IA gateway. The IA gateway is on the 10.x.x.x side where as the main gateway which if I understand our IT staff assigns the dynamic IP addresses.

Hope this clears things up.

[quote=“nathan”]1. Are you using clustering?
2. Do you want to enable direct access from both subnets?
3. Is there an actual problem or just an observed discrepancy on the cluster map?
4. “IP address shows up proper” doesn’t mean a whole lot to me. I recommend posting screenshots with what you expect and what you don’t.

In the Gateway Configuration page under system->settings & network, you can restrict IP addresses and force the Gateway interface/IP address, respectively.[/quote]

I think I’m following about 90% of what’s going on. I wouldn’t worry about what that cluster map displays. It doesn’t surprise me too much that the web server is “favoring” one adapter even though it’s correctly responding on another

As usual - thanks for the feedback!