Gateway tag provider redundant not working

Hi ,
I am trying to set the redundancy of a remote tag provider.
I have the following architecture with four different machines: Main gateway, Remote Tag Provider , gateway redundant, tag provider redundant.

When I configure the main gateway as master, and the redundant as slave, I receive the incoming connection in the master , and I accept it, and then, I see the peer connection ok, and then the slave gateway automatically restarts , and then after 1 -2 minutes, the gateway redundancy is ok , I have tested and it works.

But then , when I do exactly the same procedure in the Tag Provider , and in the tag provider redundant, I do see the incoming connection in the Tag Provider Master (which means to me that machines communicate ok), I accept it, I see peer connetion ok in the status window, and again, the tag provider slave automatically restarts, and I see the window "gateway is starting" , but it get stucked in that status, it never finishes the autorestarting.

It has been running in that status for 3 days, so I guess it can not be a matter of time because of tag provider been too big.

Any ideas of what can be the issue?

Thank you in advance!

You will need to look at the wrapper log in that backup server (the text log file from the install folder).

wrapper.log (526.4 KB)
Hi,
This is the wrapper log.
I have also found this warning:
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.util.IgnitionSocketImplFactory

I get this constant Info:
Invalid configuration type hierarchy for node '....'. Parent entity '.....' was not found, or not loaded in the correct order. provider=TP01.
I have checked other posts and I found no path to solve it.

Does the main tag provider gateway need to have a license? Or redundancy settings should be able to be applied?

My main tag provider machine is in emergency mode, in status it says "Licensed" but it is actually in emergency mode, can this be the source of the issue?

Thank you!

Quite possibly. You should contact support. Keep in mind that each gateway needs its own license. Including the backup gateways.

Alright, thank you!
Any particular email?

I am a volunteer on this forum, not an IA employee. You can hire me professionally if you like, but you probably want to start with IA support.

Probably support@inductiveautomation.com.
I'm not affiliated, I just pulled it off the Contact Us page.

Psst! "Support" is a top-level menu choice in IA's main site.

1 Like