Gateway Timezone

Hello,

I’m pretty new with Ignition and I wanted to see if someone could help me with something. I have some IO controllers working on Central US nad Canada timezone, however the client’s timezone will always vary. Therefore I want the program to alway use Central Timezone and not the clients timezone.

I already set the time to Central under project properties, but still the program shows the client’s local timezome. Is there another way I can do this?

Thanks,

Jose

[quote=“JoseMaPerez”]Hello,

I’m pretty new with Ignition and I wanted to see if someone could help me with something. I have some IO controllers working on Central US nad Canada timezone, however the client’s timezone will always vary. Therefore I want the program to alway use Central Timezone and not the clients timezone.

I already set the time to Central under project properties, but still the program shows the client’s local timezome. Is there another way I can do this?

Thanks,

Jose[/quote]

If the Gateway is set for Central TimeZone, have the client time zone property set to Gateway’s Timezone

The client timezone is set to Gateway’s timezone, but if I change the timezone on my computer the current time on the project changes with it. Which gives me the impression that the project is still using the time from the client and not the gateway. Right?

Jose

I would set your project to use central timezone and not the gateway timezone. Time is a bit tricky.

Is that under project properties, client, general? I ask because I’ve changed it to central time before and still I see the project reacting to the client’s PC time, and I wanted to know if the project’s time is changed somewhere else.

Thanks,

Jose

What exactly is reacting to the local client PC time?

I have a text field in the main window that simply displays the current time. I’ve done this tagging the system/client/system/CurrentDateTime, and I have tried it using now() under expression. Both times I get the same value for time. Even if I change the project’s timezone, save, close, and re-open the project both the tag and now() give me the same time, so I assume that they are getting the time from a common source which I think it is the PC’s time.

For this project we are measuring solar energy from our site in Tennessee. I want the text field to always show Tennessee’s local time, so no matter where our clients might be when they log into the project they will see what time is it in Tennessee and how much energy is being produced at that time.

Jose

That is what I thought. That tag will always give you the client time. There are times you need it. I would use the current time tag in the System > Gateway folder. That will be what you want.

I don’t see a “current time” on the Gateway folder… Is there another way I can do this? If not I think I might be able to get the time though the IP controller. I believe it has a “local time” feature.

Thanks.
Jose

What version of Ignition do you have? You should be able to use the tag:

[System]Gateway/CurrentDateTime

I’m using version 7.5.4

You should see that tag. Refresh the SQLTags browser and check again.

OK.

I found it, but it was under another folder. I forgot we created a “global” folder where all the Gateway Date and Time variables for each of our plants are stored. Now I’m getting the right time.

Slightly off topic… Is there a way that I can make sure that the chart is using the gateway time for the X-Axis? I’m using easy chart for my graphs, and it looks fine, but I was wondering if there was a way I could make sure of that.

Thanks you all for the help.

Jose

Well, you can save the data in the chart to Excel and compare it with one made from the server machine. It should be using the correct time on the easy chart.