Gateway Utility

OK… for some time now, on one of my test boxes (WindowsXP) my gateway utilitly GUI has been missing. I am sure that I deleted it somehow back when I was having some problems in the 7.0.5 era. But now from time to time, I find myself wanting to restart the gateway and would like to have the application back on my start menu. Right now the only way I can restart, is to run the .bat files found in C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition. Can someone tell me how to get the GUI back up and running. I have even looked in the JAVA files and can’t find it there either.

Thanks,

I am sure its something that I am just overlooking.

Tyler

Sure, you can make your own .bat file with the following command:"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -classpath "C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\lib\*" com.inductiveautomation.catapult.control.GatewayControlUtil Just replace the path to your Java install and to your Ignition install and run it.

It is also good to know that you don’t need the Gateway Control Util (GU) to restart the Gateway. You can simply do it through the windows services control panel. You can get to this via the Administrative Tools folder, or by simply running [tt]services.msc[/tt]

Even faster, you can use these commands to start and stop the Gateway:
[tt]net start Ignition[/tt]
[tt]net stop Ignition[/tt]