Get current values in a Table component in vision

What would be a best approach to show current values for motor data like below in a tabular format using either a Table or Power Table. I have about 4 motors in the system with a SQLLite database. I don't see any current value table in the SQLLite database.

Parameters i would like to show in the table. e.g. table is shown below.

1. Motor Staus
  2. Motor Speed
  3. Motor Current
  4. Timestamp

The best I could do was to get a historical values for the tags by doing SQL Query using Inner join between 2 tables.

SELECT id, tagpath, floatvalue, t_stamp 
FROM sqlth_te
INNER JOIN sqlt_data_1_2024_10 ON sqlth_te.id = sqlt_data_1_2024_10.tagid;

List of tables in the database that I have. I don't see any realtime values table separately here.

Thanks
Sharad

Use the built-in tag history query function.
system.tag.queryTagHistory | Ignition User Manual (inductiveautomation.com)

1 Like

I would probably not build this in a table component. For live values, I would likely use labels with tag bindings. If I needed table like functionality, such as adding or removing rows, I would make a generic row template, and build the table as needed with a template repeater.

Thank You @justinedwards.jle @dkhayes117 for your guidance.
I was able to create tables using 3 different methods as per your inputs.

Method 1
Using Tag History option selecting all required tags manually for all Motors.
Date Range: Realtime, Most Recent: 1 sec
Return format: Tall, Sample Size: Fixed, 1
Polling mode: Absolute, Poll Rate: 1 sec

Method 2
Included a reference for the Motor number. This gives an option to select the motor through a dropdown to view the data for in a Tall view.

Method 3
Updated the table to a wide view to show all the parameters in a single row.

I have listed few advantages and disadvantages below for each method.

Advantages Disadvantages
Method 1 Displays all the data in a single view Data displayed is not dynamic and one has to manually add the new motor tags.
Method 2 Ability to browse through the list of Motors All the Motors data is not displayed in a single view.
The data is still not be dynamic as, one will have to add the data set for new motors in the Drop down tool now.
Method 3 All the motor parameters are visible in the same row. All the Motors data is not available to be displayed in a single view.
The data displayed will still not be dynamic as I will have to add the data set for new motors in the Drop down tool

I am still thinking of a method, where I could create a dynamic overview and the new motors would get added automatically to the table. All motors data is visible in a single wide view without having to select the motor through dropdown.
something like below.

Motor Desc Status Current Speed Timestamp
Motor 1 Running 100.5 50.2 10/10/2024 14:09
Motor 2 Running 125.8 75.6 10/10/2024 14:09
Motor 3 Stopped 113.6 38.5 10/10/2024 14:09
Motor 4 Running 183.9 45.2 10/10/2024 14:09

Thanks
Sharad