Get registered Tag Providers

We have a custom tag provider that does not have a startup in the module hook. Being that our tagprovider is a one of it is extremely difficult to implement the startup/shutdown that is in the simple tag provider.
I’d like to know how can I get a list of the registered tag providers from the Gateway context. When I try getModuleInformation it does return the name of the provider but I can’t cast that to a TagProvider as it is of type TagProviderMetaImpl and not a TagProvider itself.

INFO | jvm 7 | 2013/09/03 23:16:34 | ERROR [BETagProviderModule ] [23:16:34,116]: Error starting BeTagprovider java.lang.ClassCastException: com.
inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.TagProviderMetaImpl cannot be cast to com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.TagProvider.

I am not sure I understand your problem but can’t you get that information from TagProviderMetaImpl instead? From there you can get the name, and from the name you can probably do:

gatewayContext.getTagManager().getTagProvider(name)

Cheers

Nicolas

That method is not exposed through the SDK I have

What version of the SDK are you using?

Bummer. The getTagProvider() method exists in 7.5 and later.

That’s a bummer for sure. Good thing we are considering an upgrade. Thanks for the assistance.