getSessionInfo() bug?

We recently updated our project to 8.1.4, and it’s caused a weird issue. We run an onStartup script when the user logs in to grab their ipAddress for later authentication using the following script:

This was working perfectly fine before the update. From the old reliable print method, I’ve found the script just stops running after that first line, and doesn’t return anything.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Wait that print worked at some point? Think you’re supposed to be using system.perspective.print to be able to print to the browser log.

Do you get any errors appearing in the console/browser console?

not sure about the getSessionInfo(), but why not just use system.net.getIpAddress - Ignition User Manual 8.1 - Ignition Documentation

It would be a lot simpler if your just trying to get the client IP. OR just session.props.host

I am using system.perspective.print for the most part, i just removed them for the sake of this screenshot haha. But that print does work! it just goes to the wrapper.log

And not really, the only error I’m getting is: The Components object is deprecated. It will soon be removed.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into this :slight_smile:

Print will log to the wrapper log, which in this case would make sense as she’s logging client logins