Getting Client-Scope Debugging Working in IntelliJ IDEA

I’ve been having some trouble getting Client-Scope debugging working under IntelliJ IDEA 2016.2. I’ve tried following the guide here: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com:8443/display/SE/Debugging+in+IntelliJ

The guidance in the URL above appears to not match my IntelliJ environment, I hoped that things were just slightly rearranged. It seems like I can’t “convince” the IDE to execute the launchclient.jar with the following configuration (which, from the command line, launches fine):

java -cp launchclient.jar -Djavaws.sr.gateway.addr.0=10.10.172.11:8088:8043/main -Djavaws.sr.scope=C -Djavaws.sr.main=com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientLaunchHook -Djavaws.sr.project=MasterDev -Djavaws.sr.project.scope=Published com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.launch.BootstrapSwing

When I try to utilize the “Application” run/debug profile (I’ve also fought the “JAR Application”), it keeps trying to specify “com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain” in front of my BootstrapSwing main class definition. Plus, it doesn’t seem to have a place where I can specify the JAR file (in the Application) profile. When I try to use the “JAR Application” profile, it trys to run it with “-jar” which doesn’t seem to work either. I’ve beaten my head against the desk (figuratively, so far, thankfully) on this for a bit and I’m certain that someone does this everyday and can help. Perhaps the documentation on the website is for an older version of IntelliJ IDEA?

Any help that you can provide would be fantastic, I just can’t seem to wrestle this into order. Gateway debugging works fine (although I had to use the “Remote” profile in the latest IntelliJ, not the “Application” configuration as the IDE suggested). I’m needing to wrap up some scripting functions into a module now though so I’d like client-side debugging to work. I bet its a simple fix, I’m just missing it.

Thanks again for any help anyone can provide!

The documentation has been updated: docs.inductiveautomation.com:84 … n+IntelliJ