Getting tag properties

deleted as there was no response.

deleted as there was no response.

I would like to reopen this topic. I want to read the properties about tags. I tried suffixing the meta data field names (e.g. .format, .EnggHigh, EnggLow etc) to tagpaths and read them but results are not reliable e.g. I get format as #,##0.##, EnggUnits as blank, Type as Int4 even for float tags! Perhaps for uninitialized properties it returns some default values which may not be reliable.

But is my approach correct? For properly configured tags perhaps I may get correct results.

Would appreciate some clarifications.

Best Regards
PRAMANJ

Continuing this topic, I have another doubt. When we write a list of tags using write method, what happens when one of the tagpath is invalid (but parsed through parseSafe method, which doesnot throw exception)? I have observed write method throws exception when a wrong type is assigned to the tag (e.g. float value is assigned to an Int tag!). So when we assign values to a list of tags then what happens when one of the values is of wrong type? Should we individually assign values to each tag and catch exception?

PRAMANJ