Global Script Library

Does anyone know where the global scripts are stored on the file system. I already checked the config.idb file and the entire Ignition folder and I neither see them in the file nor in the file structure of Ignition.

I would like to create backups of these scripts on a regular basis. If it is not possible to access them directly, is there a way to automate the backup of these global scripts to a folder?

Do you mean the shared scripts? If you have legacy scripts, they’re all compressed and not really suitable for Git or the like, but for the shared scripts of a specific project you can go to
C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\projects\MyProject\ignition\script-python and you will see all your shared scripts in plain python.

Thanks for the quick answer…and yes, I was talking about the shared scripts that can be called via shared. + function name

Note that @bkarabinchak.psi’s answer only applies to Vision. In 7.9, shared scripts will be stored as a single row in the PROJECT_RESOURCES table in config.idb, under the global (-1) project ID.