Google Map Component Marker

Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out how to change the appearance of the markers on the Google map component. Today I saw this pop up in the designer console:

19:23:21.284 [Browser Thread: 478e987f-ea38-444b-8563-665a8aaaf54b] WARN Perspective.Designer.Workspace -- level: WARNING
message: "As of February 21st, 2024, google.maps.Marker is deprecated. Please use google.maps.marker.AdvancedMarkerElement instead. At this time, google.maps.Marker is not scheduled to be discontinued, but google.maps.marker.AdvancedMarkerElement is recommended over google.maps.Marker. While google.maps.Marker will continue to receive bug fixes for any major regressions, existing bugs in google.maps.Marker will not be addressed. At least 12 months notice will be given before support is discontinued. Please see Deprecations  |  Google Maps Platform  |  Google for Developers for additional details and Migrate to advanced markers  |  Maps JavaScript API  |  Google for Developers for the migration guide."

Maybe this is my problem, maybe not. But I don't see any way to use advanced markers. Has anyone else figured out how to use advanced markers?

Eric

I don´t know if those in Ignition Perspective are advanced markers already, but I can see you have many options to customize them.

I agree, there are a lot of options to customize a marker. I've been trying to change the way the marker looks. The default marker looks like this when configured as a symbol:

I'd really like to change that to a custom icon, but I can't get any kind of custom icon to display at all. I'd settle for changing it to this symbol:

But I can only get that to display if I give it a static location. As soon as I configure the location of the maker to track with my geolocation, it switches back to the black up-facing 'V'.

Very frustrating.......

I understand
Maybe you can try this script work around