GPL Linking exception

Does anybody know if it is possible to write a 3rd parth Ignition GPL module that falls under the “classpath exception” or “GPL Linking Exception”? Obviously, Inductive Automation can’t release GPL software without turning the whole platform GPL.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_linking_exception

Not sure what you mean here.

Do you want to release a module under the GPL but allow others to link against it under that exception?

Or do you want to release a module that uses a GPL’d library and hope you can avoid releasing the source code, citing the exception as the reason you don’t need to release it?

In either case - can you release a module that uses someone elses open source GPL code (releasing your source code as well)? The issue in question is whether the platform can legally remain closed source/commercial while allowing a 3rd party module to use GPL.

I think so. I’m no laywer, but I can’t see how we’d be drawn into GPL if a third party added a module that linked against a GPL library. Seems like if that was the case, then if you installed a GPL program onto Windows, then Windows itself would become GPL (obviously not the case)