Grabbing MetaData via Scripting with Perspective

Anyone familiar with gathering user metadata from Ignition? Think about this use case:

I am using API calls in ignition. The purpose of this is to interact with Jira Service Managements Restful API, providing our users with access to a help desk from inside the application. A user will be able to use a dolled up text field in order to describe their issue or comment. I will add check boxes for users to tick to further increase the automation I can do in JSM. (Think little boxes that say "graphic issue", "operation issue", alarm issue" etc.

We have a similar setup with our current application running on Aveva, but instead of using the API, that one just sends an email. That being said, in Aveva, we are able to grab SOME user data. This includes username, date, time, area, site, and device. I would like to do something like that in Ignition, grabbing as much data as I can, that I could then pass on as parameters via the API or via data payload.

Does anyone have any ideas or ways to point me in the right direction?

Any advice would be appreciated.

My goals are detailed below in this image. I have found system.perspective.getSessionInfo but it is missing most of what I need. I know that I can create a custom session property, but if I was to do this, I would need to create it for every object / screen in our system, and that is a lot of work.

User name, session scope, session time zone, and device type are available in the session properties.

Phone number and email address can be gathered from an Ignition user source backing the Ignition native IdP. If using an external IdP, that would have to be obtained from an extra API on that IdP (outside Ignition).

Screenshots cannot be gathered automatically from a browser (yet).

What can I get from the Session Scope? I would like to be able to capture what Perspective view the user is looking at, before they open up my ticket submission window.

I am using a Tab Container on the right doc, which has an embedded view in which the user enters the ticket info.

I suggest you look at session properties in your designer. Lots there.

Page props aren't browsable, but are documented here:

1 Like

Thank you!