Graphics distortion when using system.gui.transform

Hi all,

I have a template with a symbol in it (a group of two lines making a “+” sign), which rotates 45 degrees on click. The animation is performed by binding the angle of the symbol to the x coordinate of a small invisible rectangle, and then moving the rectangle (using system.gui.transform) on click. When the template is clicked, it also toggles a boolean parameter called “toggled”. The animation works fine when I place the template on a display and click it.

Now, I want to set up a property change script on an instance of the template in a window. When the “toggled” parameter changes, I use system.gui.transform to move the template a certain distance across the display. When I do this, the template moves and the symbol turns, but the symbol also stretches and deforms. After a few clicks, the symbol is completely gone, although the button still functions.

Any ideas why this might be happening, or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Edit:

The error only occurs when the project is run in Full Screen.

This is a known issue with the system.gui.transform function - should be fixed in Ignition 7.9.2 depending on how testing goes. In the meantime, try:

1. Forcing the coordSpace argument to 1 (the default is 0)
  2. If that doesn’t work, you can also try using the (undocumented, technically unsupported) system.gui.moveComponent() function for now.

Thanks a bunch! I’ll try those fixes.

This is still not fixed in 7.9.11!!!:astonished:

1 Like