Have to restart gateway to see new themes made in the program files?

Hello. I am trying to learn how to use more CSS in perspective and made a new theme in the program files but do not yet see it in the session props theme, do I need to restart the gateway to do so?

No, but you probably need to restart the designer. I believe the designer only checks for theme entry points on startup.

Of course, I'm assuming the entry point is in the right directory:%installDirectory%\data\modules\com.inductiveautomation.perspective\themes\

Yeah I have tried restarting the designer and the launcher. I believe I have it in the right folder. It is just another css file that imports the light index and another css file for some animations. Is there other things I need to do to get it to show up. I also see other css files including 'light-cool" and “light-warm” but those do not appear in the theme light prop either. I believe I am misunderstanding something here

There shouldn't be. I just tried it myself: duplicated dark.css, renamed it to dark-custom.css, restarted the designer, and I could use the new theme.

What version are you on? I'm on 8.1.8, FWIW.

I am on 8.1.5 and only see light and dark options

You don't need to restart the Designer, you just need to modify the session theme to something else, then change it back and it will reload it. It's a bit annoying... would be good if there was a "refresh" button somewhere :slight_smile:

I believe other themes in the themes folder are going to be added into the drop down list including custom themes in the future, but for now you can just type the name into the value and it'll work, assuming a css file with that name exists in the theme folder.

1 Like