Heap Memory Download, Gateway down with out of memory error

Hi,

i am looking for ignition.conf file settings (configuration changes) to download Heap dump, when gateway down due to out of memory error.

please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

You would just add -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError to your wrapper.java.additional settings:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Gateway+Configuration+File+Reference#GatewayConfigurationFileReference-ChangingJavaAdditionalParameters

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @PGriffith ,

I have configured additional parameters in ignition.conf to download heap dump, when gateway reach out of memory.

can please check the configured parameters are sufficient to get the heap dump.

That path might be suspect, but that way you added the parameters appears correct.

Hey thanks ...what will be default path, if am not specified heap dump path in parameters....

I think that you probably want a + in there, per Paul's message above on the HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError option.

Also, I have seen some memory dumps (on slower I/O systems) take longer than the default 30 second watchdog time (wrapper.ping.timeout) in the wrapper, so you might consider increasing that for this testing if you're worried about the memory dump possibly taking a bit longer than that (not sure on the specs of your system or the memory size you're running).

1 Like