Help Building Weather Example

I am trying to follow the weather module example and the build fails on the last line. My gateway is running, I am using a trial license, and time has not expired. How do I check if it is in developer mode? Any other suggestions?

If memory serves, that’s the error you get if your gateway isn’t set to run in Developer Mode. You’ll need to set that up first under Licensing.

E: It will say “Developer Mode” on the top right above the “Launch Designer” link.

OK - It does not say developer above “Launch Designer” link. I am using a trial version of Ignition so there really isn’t much I can do under licensing screen. Is there a way to get this to work without a license. (I am resetting the trial license every 2 hours)

You’ll have to get a developer license to install (I think you can only use a trial version for this anyways). Check this link under “How Licenses Work”: inductiveautomation.com/news/item/257

Sure enough, that was the key. I’m all set now, Thanks

I recently have received a real license and installed it and now I am going back to work on my custom module again but I lost my developer ability so I can’t install the module I am working on. What do I need to do?

If you call support, or email, with your CD-Key they can add the “developer” flag onto it for you. Then you would just go in the license section and hit “reload license”.

Regards,

Although, you might just want to keep things separate and have your real license installed somewhere, and then Ignition with a dev license on your development machine. That way your real system won’t say “Developer Mode” across the top all of the time.

[quote=“phassler”]I recently have received a real license and installed it and now I am going back to work on my custom module again but I lost my developer ability so I can’t install the module I am working on. What do I need to do?[/quote]If you’ve taken your Gateway out of Developer Mode, you won’t be able to install your custom module unless it’s signed. Modules can be signed by logging into the Developer Portal, selecting Module Signing from the links on the left and uploading your *.modl file, (or you could just avoid all that and follow Colby’s recommendation).

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]If you call support, or email, with your CD-Key they can add the “developer” flag onto it for you. Then you would just go in the license section and hit “reload license”.[/quote]If he gets the ‘developer’ flag enabled on his license, is it possible to enable/disable developer mode without having to contact support?

No, you can’t enabled/disable it yourself, it is part of the license.

You should have a production license and a separate license that just has developer=true and no non-free modules on it that you use for development. Support can set this up for you.

Thanks guys - I just got my license upgraded by support!