I’m a developer and I and my company are about to develop a new device driver for the ignition’s Gateway.
At the beginning, I was inspecting some of your examples included in the SDK package, particularly the MODBUS driver.
Unfortunately, as soon as I build and deploy the MODBUS Driver v2 onto Ignition Gateway, it happens that the list of the drivers still the same! That is, the gateway displays the old same items, I could see even after the ingnition’s setup.
here you go the steps undertaken:
- On Eclipse’s Package Explorer, at the node “ModbusDriver_Build”, I launch Build.XML via AntBuild;
- The module compilation and its deployment on the Gateway succeed! In fact, among the messages of the console, it reports “Installing Modbus driver v2 on Ignition Gateway.” and then"BUILD SUCCESSFUL. Total time: 5 seconds".
- In the Eclipse’s workspace the file Modbus Drivcer v2-unsigned.modl is successfully built!!!
- After logged in the Gataway through the web browser, selecting Configuratiuon tab, then, under OPC-UA, clicking Devices and finally, on the left side of the page clicking “new device”, it is possible obtaining the list of the available communication drivers;
- But here the new deployed driver doesn’t appear.
Any suggestion is appreciated!