Help with Perspective 8.1 Video Player and IP Camera

Hello,
I am looking for some troubleshooting help with the video player on perspective 8.1.36.

I have a HANWHA PNM-8082VT IP camera.
I can successfully view the MJPEG stream via a web browser on the gateway as well as my client PLC using the following link (details removed for security)

http://1.1.2.3/stw-cgi/video.cgi?msubmenu=stream&action=view&Channel=0&CodecType=MJPEG&FrameRate=1&CompressionLevel=10

When using this link in the video player (livefeed set to true) i get the "Error Loading Media: File not valid" error message and looking for some assistance to further troubleshoot.

When viewing the image in the browser it appears it's not embedded in another page. I've done a wget to the URL above and outputted to a file to provide additional information:

--SamsungTechwin
Content-Type: image/jpeg
Content-Length: 150773

����^@^PJFIF^@^A^A^A^@`^@`^@^@��^@C^@^K^H
        ^G^K

^M^L^K^N^Q^]^S^Q^P^P^Q#^Y^Z^U^])$,+)$('.3B8.1>1'(9N:>DFJJJ,7QVPGVBHJG��^@C^A^L^M^M^Q^O^Q"^S^S"G/(/GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG>^K��^@�^P^@^B^A^C^C^B^D^C^E^E^D^D^@^@^A}^A^B^C^@^D^Q^E^R!1A^F^SQa^G"q^T2���^H#B��^UR��$3br�
^V^W^X^Y^Z%&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz����������������������������������������������������������������>^K��^@�^Q^@^B^A^B^D^D^C^D^G^E^D^D^@^A^Bw^@^A^B^C^Q^D^E!1^F^RAQ^Gaq^S"2�^H^TB����        #3R�^Ubr�
^V$4�%�^W^X^Y^Z&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz�������������������������������������������������������������>?�Z(�aڊ(�AE^TP^@=�Q@��^@JQIKH^B��G�M1�j>��^D�@^E^TR�S^A?�^T^?�������aA����^X��ih��IR ���IE^@-^TRP^AJ))i����*�^F��x�=i*Y>��^G8�^MjY��i�p�kcp\^@^

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Small update. It appears the video player in perspective does not support any authentication of any kind - meaning if you embed the username and password in the url (basic authentication) it will not be passed to the camera/web server.

I think this feature was requested a few years ago and looks like it is still not implemented.

Following up with my workaround - in case this helps anyone in the future.

I created a batch file which ran part of a gateway script. The batch file uses CURL to connect to the camera and download the snapshot of the image. I then installed NGINX web server on port 81 and used that to serve the downloaded images to my perspective clients.

Its not that this feature isn't implemented - its that having the username and password as URL parameters is obviously a huge security issue, so no modern browser allows it anymore...

Yes, but the video player in ignition 8.x doesn't support ANY authentication other than basic with user and pass baked into URL. My cameras don't even support basic authentication so i needed to use digest, which CURL supports well. I am asking inductive automation to add authentication into their video player, like they had in their 7.9 IP camera viewer. It's gone backwards in terms of capability.

Can you show an example of a curl call that you're making (obviously obfuscated)? Also, it sounds like you're retrieving individual snapshots using the curl requests, sent at some interval and not a continuous stream - is that right?

This is what I am using:

C:\curl\curl -S --connect-timeout 5 "http://1.2.3.4/stw-cgi/video.cgi?msubmenu=snapshot&action=view&Profile=6&Channel=2" --digest -u username:password --output "C:\nginx\html\camera1.jpg"

Note that the the trick is finding out the URL and syntax that your camera requires to output the jpeg image.