Hide a project from launch window

Hi again! Miss me? :laughing:

Is there a way to hide a project from the launch screen? I use one project for production and one for development. Be nice to keep people from attempting to run the development project. :unamused:

1 Like

Run the Designer and open your development project. Double-click Configuration/Properties in the Project Browser and select the Client/Launching entry. You will find a Gateway Launch Page option to ‘Hide From Launch Page’.

:blush:

Holy Crap! I must’ve looked at this a dozen times! I’m working waaay too much…

Hi,
Is there any way to hide the project name from the designer with respect to the user source?
Project properties in the permissions have the view, save, delete, and protect resources. From these, I didn't find any options to hide the project from designer.
Any options??

You cannot hide a project from the designer. You should know that anyone with significant Ignition experience can break all gateway security using a designer.

Why do you need this?

1 Like

Thank you for the response @pturmel .
I was exploring more in ignition. I thought of this question,we can have restriction w.r.t the designer in the project level on the permissions. I thought whether there is any option to have a functionality to hide the same in the designer.

As noted, you cannot really secure your gateway from someone with designer permissions. The barriers are more guard rails than brick walls. Sorry. You need to trust anyone you allow to use a designer.

3 Likes