Hide ALL Headers in Perspective Alarm Table

I’m trying to add a 56px high alarm bar as a docked window at the bottom of my project. I was able to hide the column names header, but I cannot find a way to hide the header above that with the number of active alarms, number of shelved alarms, filter, and settings. Making the dock more than 56px is not an option for me.

Thanks,
Brian

Asking for a friend this time-
Is there a way to hide the Perspective Alarm table top most header?
Thanks-

There’s no configuration to hide those tabs, but if you are putting the Alarm Status Table into a Coordinate Container for the Docked View, you could set the position.y value to -44.

1 Like

Thanks for the info-
I am trying to use it in a flex container, so that it will be mobile responsive between devices. I’ll see what I can do with a couple of breakpoint containers and separate sized coordinate container views with your position suggestion- thank you

Can I ask that the visibility of that top most header bar be made a feature request or is there no way to expose that to us?

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way to do this at the moment, but we do have it already planned for phase 2 of the Alarm Status Table. We hope to get this done soon. I will post an update here as well as in the pinned post about the Alarm Status Table.

Edit: Actually, there is a way to do it, but it’s hacky. If you create a custom style class and assign it to the root of the alarm status table in your docked view you can effectively hide the toolbar via the theme files.

Say the name of your style class is StyleHack. In the theme files you can add the css ruleset

.psc-StyleHack .alarmStatusTableToolbar {
    min-height: 0px !important;
    max-height: 0px !important;
    display: none !important;
}

By the way, you don’t need to go about creating via the styles folder. Simply adding your style class to the classes prop should also work. This way it stays local to the table.

Keep in mind that we do not recommend changing the theme files directly, but to instead copy over into your own theme file. Within the next month we are releasing phase 2 of theming, and as such we will be updating the light and dark theme files. More details on that to come.

1 Like

Can you explain more of what you’re doing? I’m not sure how you’re getting the .alarmStatusTableToolbar when copying the style class. Most of the time, it leads just into key / value pairs when I’m copying.

You also mention that you can add it directly to the style class - however, the syle class just takes the path, correct? Should that be changed to an object, with

alarmStatusTableToolbar {‘min-height’:0px, ‘max-height’:0px, ‘display’:0px}

added as a sub-object?

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. The idea here is to add that snippet that I’ve provided you to a copied theme file in your project directory on the file system, and it should just work. You would create a private style class (under the name StyleHack), so that you do not effect all alarm status table components in Perspective, and add that to the root style object of the desired alarm status table.

Despite all this, the new Alarm Journal Table component should be available later this week (if all goes well), and along with it the ability to hide the toolbar of both alarm status table and alarm journal table. If you can wait a little longer, there will be no need to apply this work around I’ve suggested.

-Y