Hiding Mobile Projects from Hompage

Is there any way to hide mobile projects from the home page yet still use them? It’s possible with regular clients but the only way I know of removing them from the homepage is to unselect Enable Mobile Launch from the web page which makes launching them impossible.

Kurt

You could try changing the project properties to hide it and then provide a direct link to the project itself:

http://localhost:8088/main/system/launch/client/TestMobile.jnlp

That doesn’t hide the mobile link though.

Gateway Settings?

From the gateway you can hide the mobile launch altogether which only leaves you the option of launching mobile projects by URL. I’d like to keep some visible and others not but still be able to access them. This is possible with regular clients.

From the gateway you can hide the mobile launch altogether which only leaves you the option of launching mobile projects by URL. I’d like to keep some visible and others not but still be able to access them. This is possible with regular clients.

You can access mobile clients by creating a desktop shortcut with this URL:

http://IPADDRESS:PORT/main/system/mobile?project=CASE-SENSITIVE-PROJECT-NAME

You can launch mobile clients like that whether or not the project is visible on the “Home” page of the gateway. I think this is what you are after.

But they are still visible in the mobile launch area.

I agree that it would be nice if we could hide mobile projects from the mobile launch webpage.

Making and using a URL to a specifc mobile project isn’t enough because when a user logs out of a mobile project they are taken to the mobile launch webpage - so they still see it.

I may have users who I want to use a particular Ignition mobile project and I don’t want them to see any of the other mobile projects in the Ignition server. I cannot currently prevent them from seeing the other mobile projects because once they logout of the mobile project they are taken directly to the mobile homepage which shows all the mobile projects.

My solution has been to hide the mobile launch page altogether. The user then has to bookmark the project and start it that way.

1 Like

How do you hide the mobile launch page altogether? When I disable the Mobile Launch webpage in the Gateway Homepage Config settings the mobile launch page still shows up on my cell phone. This is using Ignition 7.7.1-rc1.

When a user logs out of a mobile project, isn’t the user still directed to the mobile webpage?

On my 7.7.0 gateway, when a user hits a mobile project from a URL and then progresses to other projects (I redirect users with retarget) and then exits (or times out) they end up back at their original target project which in this case is nothing but a home made login screen. One thing I have noticed, as I change mobile projects with retarget, the URL in the browser remains the same:

I see, what happens when a user logs out of their original target project?

It just keeps loading that same URL/project which is nothing more than a screen with email address and password. That’s used to figure out which authentication source to use and if they pass that, they are retargeted based on their username. If they don’t log in or click the Ignition exit icon, it just reloads that base project.

I see. I am wondering how you get the mobile launch webpage not to show.

It must exit back to the original URL. I have the mobile turned off on the homepage settings. You can still get to it with just the URL and no project specified I believe. I’d like to hide it altogether but that doesn’t seem possible at the moment.