High Gateway Memory usage + Clock Drift errors

Since upgrading one of our smaller projects to from 8.0.4 to 8.0.5 gateway memory usage has gone to 100% after a few days up time, it used to in the order of 25%, the clock drift errors are so large(4sec) that the Modbus comms drop’s out and we have wholes in our trend graphs.

I note there is a fix in 8.0.6 for Memory leak when Creating/Deleting projects, but we have not done any of those since 8.0.5 was in stalled, so before I ask the customer to restart the gateway has anyone else seen this and fixed it by upgrading to 8.0.6?

The project is only 46 Modbus drivers and 25,000 tags, so pretty small.

You ever figure this one out?

Are you using project inheritance? Scripting across both projects both parent and leaf?

This was sometime ago now, but I believe it was caused by a discrepancy between 7.9 and 8.0 version of the ignition.conf file, the project started life as a 7.9 project and was upgraded to 8.0, when we compared the the upgraded file with one from a fresh 8.0 install they were very different, so we took a copy of the fresh 8.0 file updated the memory allocation to suit the project and used that, no more issues like this since.
Ignition 7.9 used Oracle Java and 8.0 uses Azul Java, there were some big differences in the JVM options and assume this was the cause.

2 Likes