High Ignition CPU and Memory Usage

Hi

I am having an issue with the CPU usgae spiking very high and memory usage climbing after Ignition has been runnning for a few hours. I did a bit of searching through the system console and came across this in the shared exec engine. It is called groupmaintenancemanager. It was reading really high at 90000 executions per second and was climbing. When I shut down the gateway and start it up again all is well for a few hours and then it slows down again. What does the group maintenance manager do. I have attached a screen shot of what i am referring to. The group that is mentioned in the group maintenance manager is a modbus device which is reading the temperature of some ovens and adding a new row to the databse every 10 minutes. I would not have thought that this would be very heavy work for the system

Thanks

Aidan

The group maintenance manager is the entity that runs the “delete records older than X” option you must have selected on the group.

We’ll need to look into this- a first glance there does appear to be a problem. I would suggest turning off the “delete records older than…” option on groups until we can get this figured out.

Regards,

[quote=“Colby.Clegg”]The group maintenance manager is the entity that runs the “delete records older than X” option you must have selected on the group.

We’ll need to look into this- a first glance there does appear to be a problem. I would suggest turning off the “delete records older than…” option on groups until we can get this figured out.

Regards,[/quote]
Hi Colby

I did have that turned on so I will switch it off. I did delete the table and recreate it as it was suggesting that there was something wrong with the Index for the table. I will switch it off in the other groups that I have it enabled in as well in case it causes problems.

Thanks

Aidan