Historical data to excel

Hi,
I would like to understand a bit more how you split the historical data in the database so I could export it to excel.
I am using SQL server 2008 R2.
My goal is to get the tag name, the value and the timestamp.
I find out that you are using a number to identify time after googling this I found is a unix style of representing time; Do you have the trick to convert this back to readable time.

thanks

The Unix way of recording time is normally the number of seconds since 1/1/1970 00:00:00. In Ignition’s case, it looks like they are also appending the number of milliseconds since that date, so if you follow instructions like the website here to convert the timestamps in Excel, you will have to remember to deal with the millisecond part (the last 3 numbers).

Using Ignition’s built in tag history function will help with a lot of tricky situations, like bringing back multiple months of data, or dealing with Unix timestamps. Bringing it the dataset using the built in tag history will bring back the timestamps in a more “readable” format. Using custom properties will work, you can create three custom properties on a root container of type Dataset, Date, and Date. You can then use those two Dates for the Tag History binding of the Dataset to bring in data, and then export that dataset using system.dataset.exportExcel(), perhaps having that function bound to a button event handler. For more info about exportExcel:

inductiveautomation.com/support/ … texcel.htm