Historical Trending Suddenly Stops, Requires Server Reboot

Every week or so all of the trending of historical tags will stop, but there don’t appear to be an errors associated with the database.

The other strange part is that this always happens at 12pm or 12am on the dot, as if it is a rollover in storage file or something. I don’t recall setting anything like this up (rollover at midnight), and rebooting the server starts the collecting again every time.

I just checked my logs, and it looks like the OPC server is acting up, yet we are still collecting non-historical data. Here is the log excerpt:

Time Logger Message
(I) 8:39:31 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:31 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:30 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:30 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:29 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:28 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:27 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:26 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.
(I) 8:39:26 AM Provider[GLS_GLSDBS003] Scan class results will not be processed - tag provider has been stopped.

and it keeps going for thousands of records. Are these issues related? Any help is appreciated.

Check out the graph which shows several stoppages over the past few weeks, restarting was only accomplished by rebooting the server.

Hi,

I would say that those messages are definitely related, but more an additional result of whatever is causing the problem, and not the cause itself. It seems like the system is trying to shut down, but something is blocking it. If you can get to the logs before the fill up/roll over, you would likely see some message indicating that before those messages start.

The fact that it happens at midnight is suspicious. My first guess would be… Java or system updates? We’ve noticed some problems on systems that have Java updates set to run automatically. If possible, could you verify and turn off automatic updates for the next week or so, and see if that helps the problem?

Regards,