History tag table sqlth_te retired and fingerprint columns

I’m trying to get a full list of all historic tags and thought the most efficient and most importantly fast method to do this would be to query the sqlth_te table. I don’t want to show invalid/no-longer-existent tags, so I’ve filtered out retired values that are non-NULL. Looking at the data however that was returned with this simple query, I noticed some rows returned that shouldn’t be there as the tags no longer exist but their retired field is still NULL.
For context:
Query:

SELECT tagpath FROM sqlth_te where retired IS NULL

Count: 31,902
Number of those tags that no longer exist: 14,536 (46%!!!)

I’m also wondering what the fingerprint column is for? I looked in the SDK and it’s not listed in the specs, but it seems to store the OPC-UA item path of the tag. However a lot of tags/rows are missing this and this is just NULL. What’s the reason for this? (this system was upgraded from 7.9.9 to 8 about 1.5yrs ago if it’s relevant).

https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/SE/Tag+History+Tables+Reference

There was a bug at one point in 7.9, I’m not sure of when/if it was cleared up, where historical tags were not marked as retired properly. Support helped me clear up a bunch of these back in 7.9.3. May not be relevant for this case.

That’s what I’m doing at the moment :confused: Just triple checking they’re not actually there…