History Tags don't show

I just installed the Ignition 7.9.9, and I create a database connection to mysql. I also configured the realtime and history tag providers. Besides, I configured three history tags. But they didn’t show on the list (refer to the sceenshot below).

When I check wrapper.log. I found "java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'cloud.sqlth_drv' doesn't exist"
Here is part of wrapper.log:
wrapper.log (239.0 KB)
I log in the database and find that there is no table in the database.

i think, something is wrong with your history tag configuration.
Check your db connection. Is it valid?.
Did you select the right db for history tags?.

I created required tables according to the database of demo project, it works. So I think the history tag configuration is no problem.

Normally you wouldn’t create any tables in the database, for the historian Ignition does this automatically for you. I would drop all tables you’ve created in the database and let ignition handle it.
Make sure the database user you are using to connect to db has correct access rights in the DB, for creating tables etc.

I don't see any tag under the db in your screenshot. First, drag and drop the tag directly on easy chart. Select chart mode as real time and see what happens.

This page can help you understand the auto generated tables of Ignition better.

I‘m pretty sure I made the right configuration. Because I tested it as following steps:
1. uninstalled the version 7.9.9 and install the version 7.9.7.
2. drop all tables I created.
3. congfiure the database connection.
4. check the realtime & historical configuration.
5. connect to a PLC.
6. create an empty project.
7. import tags and configure the historical tags in the designer.
8. drag and drop an easy chart to the root container
9. drag and drop a tag to the easy chart
10. select chart mode as real time
11. select chart mode as historical.
When I finished these steps, everything is OK. So I uninstalled the version 7.9.7 and install the version 7.9.9 and repeat steps 2~11. But errors occured.

By the way, the OS of my PC is windows 7 Ultimate SP1, version of mysql is 5.7.

You need to get in contact with support - there are a variety of potential problems with the historian that are hard to diagnose non-realtime. If you aren’t able to do that, could you at least post the full body of those error messages (go to Details, then copy the full text). Paste it here on the forums inside three backticks, like so:

some error message

Sure, When I set Chart Mode to Realtime, error message is as below:

java.lang.Exception: Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[prov:default:/tag:S7_313C/SupplyAirHumi_D], start=Fri Aug 31 09:35:17 CST 2018, end=Fri Aug 31 09:40:17 CST 2018, flags=0)@1000ms
On: Main Window.Root Container.Easy Chart
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:308)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Error executing tag history query. Please verify that the connection is available, and that tag history is being stored to it.
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:341)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:315)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runTagHistoryQuery(GatewayInterface.java:726)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runTagHistoryQuery(GatewayInterface.java:694)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.GwiTagHistoryProvider.query(GwiTagHistoryProvider.java:16)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.StandardCacheBucket.loadData(StandardCacheBucket.java:233)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.StandardCacheBucket.getData(StandardCacheBucket.java:193)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.SubCache$BucketHit.getData(SubCache.java:217)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.SubCache.getData(SubCache.java:159)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.TagHistoryCache.query(TagHistoryCache.java:254)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.TagHistoryQuery.execute(TagHistoryQuery.java:34)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.execute(QueryManager.java:657)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.access$500(QueryManager.java:630)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:306)
	... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Error executing tag history query. Please verify that the connection is available, and that tag history is being stored to it.
	at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.query.DatasourceHistoryInterface.maybeLoadIds(DatasourceHistoryInterface.java:116)
	at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.query.DatasourceHistoryInterface.getSystemId(DatasourceHistoryInterface.java:160)
	at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.query.DatasourceQueryExecutor.initialize(DatasourceQueryExecutor.java:601)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.AggregateHistoryQueryExecutor.initialize(AggregateHistoryQueryExecutor.java:78)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.HistoryWriter.initLoader(HistoryWriter.java:140)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.HistoryWriter.execute(HistoryWriter.java:210)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.queryHistory(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:1297)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectSettingsCache$ProjectDefaultTagManagerFacade.queryHistory(ProjectSettingsCache.java:673)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.QueryTagHistory.invoke(QueryTagHistory.java:96)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:404)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(null)

Ignition v7.9.9 (b2018081621)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_181

When I set Chart Mode to Historical, error message is as below:

java.lang.Exception: Error running query:
TagHistory(paths=[prov:default:/tag:S7_313C/SupplyAirHumi_D], start=Fri Aug 31 09:29:00 CST 2018, end=Fri Aug 31 09:39:59 CST 2018, flags=0)@0ms
On: Main Window.Root Container.Easy Chart
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:308)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Error executing tag history query. Please verify that the connection is available, and that tag history is being stored to it.
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:341)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:315)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runTagHistoryQuery(GatewayInterface.java:726)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runTagHistoryQuery(GatewayInterface.java:694)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.GwiTagHistoryProvider.query(GwiTagHistoryProvider.java:16)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.StandardCacheBucket.loadData(StandardCacheBucket.java:233)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.StandardCacheBucket.getData(StandardCacheBucket.java:193)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.SubCache$BucketHit.getData(SubCache.java:217)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.SubCache.getData(SubCache.java:159)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.sqltags.history.cache.TagHistoryCache.query(TagHistoryCache.java:254)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.TagHistoryQuery.execute(TagHistoryQuery.java:34)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.execute(QueryManager.java:657)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.access$500(QueryManager.java:630)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$QueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:306)
	... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Error executing tag history query. Please verify that the connection is available, and that tag history is being stored to it.
	at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.query.DatasourceHistoryInterface.maybeLoadIds(DatasourceHistoryInterface.java:116)
	at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.query.DatasourceHistoryInterface.getSystemId(DatasourceHistoryInterface.java:160)
	at com.inductiveautomation.gateway.tags.history.query.DatasourceQueryExecutor.initialize(DatasourceQueryExecutor.java:601)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.AggregateHistoryQueryExecutor.initialize(AggregateHistoryQueryExecutor.java:78)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.HistoryWriter.initLoader(HistoryWriter.java:140)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.history.query.HistoryWriter.execute(HistoryWriter.java:210)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.sqltags.SQLTagsManagerImpl.queryHistory(SQLTagsManagerImpl.java:1297)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.project.ProjectSettingsCache$ProjectDefaultTagManagerFacade.queryHistory(ProjectSettingsCache.java:673)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.QueryTagHistory.invoke(QueryTagHistory.java:96)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:404)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(null)

Ignition v7.9.9 (b2018081621)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_181

It seems that the error messages above are the same. It reminds me to check the connection of database and storage off tag history. I’m sure the connection is valid.

I had similar errors with East Chart with tags from a tag provider I created, ( i…e. NOT the default memory based tag provider) In my case, and this was with 7.9.8, it was fixed simply by not using drag and drop, but adding them “manually” using the chart configurator and checking the 'Use Fully-qualified Paths" box.
Just a thought - maybe they fixed this in …9