How can I create an activated alarm counter inside the alarm pipeline?

Hi, I want to create an active alarm counter, an put it inside the alarm pipeline, the main idea is to count and verify that a specific alarm was activated for 'n' times (lets say 3 times for example), an after that to send the notification to a roster.
I am using an Ignition version: 8.1.35

Not exactly what you want but a place to start maybe. This counts critical alarms and at 5 send notifications. The set property expression is "{numTimes} + 1".

Hi Eddie, I think in this solution if the alarm is active and priotiry=4 the numTimes counter does a loop until the number reach 5 and the sent the notification, but I can't count the times the alarm goes active.

I wonder if can I use a counter from the alarm tag like the "ClearUnackCount" and use it in the pipeline

Anyway thanks for your feedback

You could create an 'on condition' alarm and use that count in the expression, but the count won't reset so you'll need some logic to determine if the counter is a multiple of 5 (or whatever the threshold is).

It would probably be better to have a separate tag which counts up when the main alarm is active. Trigger an alarm on this new tag when the value reaches the threshold and reset the count.

Possibly you'd want to reset the count whenever it's acknowledged maybe as well :man_shrugging:

Hi Amy, yes I think creating a new tag is better, I will do that. Thanks.

Yes mminchin, I will reset the counter when it comes acknowledge. thanks