How can I verify if a transaction group is running?

I’m new to ignition and trying to find my way around, is there a tag available or a way I could get the status of a transaction group?

I am currently running into an issue where a transaction group fails and everything stops, the only way i find out what the issue is, is to go under the hood. I wanted to have a way to see the transaction group failed without having to search around.

Thanks!

Hi,

What type of failure are you seeing? To answer your question directly, no, there isn’t a tag that you could watch. Just out of curiosity, is the group set up on a schedule of “0-24” hours in order to run on the hour? We’ve recently had some issues with that setup.

Anyhow, if you want to monitor the group, you’ll need to do a little bit of extra work. The easiest thing is probably to do the following:

1. Create a table in the database with an id, and a timestamp. Insert a row for each group.
  2. Create a run always expression item that executes a sql query like “update runtable set t_stamp=current_timestamp where id=GROUP_ID”.
    That way you could watch the table, or a query that calculated the difference between the last run and “now”, and see how long it had been since the group last ran.

Just to reiterate, though, groups should never “stop running”, so perhaps it’s something we can get to the bottom of.

Regards,

Thanks for the info Colby, ill post some error info tomorrow as I don’t have access to it now.

I’ll also try to implement your suggestion.

Sorry I have not responded in a few days, i did not forget about the issue. I should be posting the error a little later, thanks again.