How do I bind a pop up screen and bind it to a specific window

Hi,
How do I bind an alarm window to a screen, without binding it to any buttons, and make the popup trigger based on a value of the tag?

You need to use a client event script to watch your tag for changes, then if it’s in alarm (reading the AlarmActiveUnackCount sub-property would work) open your popup window using a navigation script

Hi,
So im getting the following error when executing a client script:

[client-tagchangescripts-project[project]-3] ERROR TagChangeScriptExecutor - Error executing tag change script: project/MyScript
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.JythonExecException: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “TagChangeScript:project/MyScript”, line 2, in
AttributeError: ‘com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.Imm’ object has no attribute ‘getHostname’

This is my client event script,

OpenWindow = system.tag.read("[Tagserver]path/PopUpTestBit").value
Hostname = system.net.getHostname()
if Hostname == “OneHostName” or Hostname == “OtherHostName” or Hostname == “AnotherHostname” :
if OpenWindow == 1:
system.nav.openWindow(“path/path/somewindowname”)
else:
system.nav.closeWindow(“path/path/somewindowname”)

Any ideas? It points to the method of getHostname as non existent…

Python is case-sensitive - you’re looking for system.net.getHostName()

Edit: By the way, when posting code please surround it (three on the line above, three on the line below) with three ` marks (tilde, not single quote). Its much easier to read.

Indeed. In the future I will start formatting the posted code .Thank you.

What we typically do is a create a client BOOL tag called AlarmPopup.
Then we put a hidden control on a window that is always open(Navigation, Background, etc) that shows the active alarm count.
On the controls scripting we do a value change script of if newValue > oldValue and AlarmPopup = True show alarm window.