How do I cancel the blank area on both sides of the Vision canvas?

How do I cancel the blank area on both sides of the canvas?For example, I placed my component on the far left of the screen, and after running Vision, I found that there was still a blank area on the left and the same on the right. I don’t know how to set and cancel this blank area, I hope to get your help.

You should check the layout parameters (right click -> layout). There are some options:

• Relative, maintain aspect ratio: this will scale the component just as the window is scaled to the screen, but maintain the aspect ratio. If the aspect ratio of the window in designer is differnent from the screen, you will see the bars you mention
  • Relative, don’t maintain aspect ratio: this will scale the component just as the window is scaled to the screen, but it won’t maintain the aspect ratio. So it will make circles oval shaped, it will turn squares into rectangles. But it will use the complete screen space
  • Anchored: this will stick a side of the component to a side of the screen. So if you anchor this component top-left, it won’t deform, and stay at the top-left of the screen.

Generally, for drawings based on real life (plant layouts, machine visualisations, …) I prefer to use “relative, maintain aspect ratio” for all components. It does a good job of scaling everything to the available screen space, without deforming it.

When you have one central component you can stretch, and the others are a fixed size and can be bound to the side, I use the anchoring layout. You usually want your buttons to the side keep the same readable and clickable size, and allocate the rest for a central table or graph.

For complex layouts with input forms, tables, graphs and the like, I usually prefer “relative, don’t maintain aspect ratio”. This does a good job of using up the available space, and scales everything uniformely.

So your layout choice depends on what the page should contain. But given you start with a compass, I’d guess it’s a site layout for which you want to maintain the aspect ratio, and you should probably just ignore those borders.

You can also use different types of layout at different levels of containers/groups. Very complex designs that use the entire screen can be constructed.