How do I use a drop down list to populate an indirect tag?

I have a form that has a repeating template. The fields in the template are bound to indirect tags in Ignition. Some of the fields on this template get their values from SQL tables (for example a variety field). I want to add a drop down list to the template, so the user can see all valid choices for variety and select the variety without having to free-form type it. I can easily setup the drop down list using the SQL table, that works fine, but how do I bind it back to the indirect tag that holds the data in the repeating template? I can setup a field without the drop down that updates the indirect tag and that works great, but the user has to free-form enter the data for variety, But once I add the drop down, I can’t figure out how to link it back to indirect tag. Also, when the templates are first displayed, I want to display the variety name that is in the indirect tag.

So basically I want to have a drop down that just shows choices and still has a two way binding to an indirect string tag. This is pretty straight forward on a few other front end interfaces I use, but I can’t figure out how to do it in Ignition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind, i just figured out that if I bind the selected value to my indirect tag it works exactly as I needed. That seems very obvious now, so sorry for asking such a simplistic question.