How do you edit the function comment on a custom method?!?!?!?

(This is on 8.1.15, Perspective)

I’ve attached a custom function to an object in perspective and have added the parameters, but it seems that the multiline comment is blocked from being edited. So how do I edit the comment if I want to explain what the function does and what the parameters are:

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 2.16.47 PM

Am I really missing the obvious here? There is nothing in the Perspective Custom Methods documentation that explains if this can be done.

Can't be done, at least not yet.

Who needs documentation anyway :roll_eyes:

That comment is currently such a waste that it would almost be better off not being generated :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

It is a good point, sure would be nice to be able to add a comment.

Totally agree. I’m laughing that someone here decided to ship this and it made it’s way into a release.

1 Like

Well that linked question complaining about the same thing was from back in Nov 2020, so it’s been around like that for a long time

Well, we’re very close to merging that round of initial improvements I mentioned a year and a half ago :grimacing:, and while it’s still not possible to add your own documentation directly, this embarrassing docstring is no longer there, so that’s something, I guess.

10 Likes

Not gonna lie, that’s a nice little sneak peek there. Liking the look and feel!