How to clean the data coming from historian

hi
Can you please recommend the best way to clean the data from historian?
1 Is it always good practice to disable tag history and save designer before deleting the tags with configured history to prevent the rubbish data ?
2 i cleaned the test tags from the sqlth_te table in historian but 1 of them persists in the perspective chart - any idea how to purge it? any other tables ? i get an error "no trend data source available"
3 General question - is it possible at all for 2 history providers to write to the same database or they must be always separate databases so they don't run over each other?
4 somebody suggested added extra parameter to the connection any idea where exactly this should be placed ? Powerchart no trend data source available - #9 by codersmurf

1. Shouldn't be necessary. If you've found a corner case where it matters, you should report it as a bug.

2. Might need to restart your history provider.

3. Hmmm. Not sure. Make another DB connection, perhaps?

1 Like

did you mean historian module restart? or just disable and then re-enable history provider?

Good point and i believe good practice to have separate db connection for each history provider. My understanding at the moment that there should be no issue having multiple history providers pointing to the same database

what i found out that in the designer the session was saved which used deleted tag. So i had to go to runtime and clear that selection. From that point of view designer requires a caution so its saved in the right configuration.