How to detect tag overrides in scripting?

I’ve just upgraded from 7.9 to 8.1, and one major headache is the change to how expression bindings evaluated parameters and speech marks.

In most of my UDTs there are alarmed tags which had an expression on the Display Path. This is now evaluating literally, and i need to change it to show the parameters properly.
The trouble is, a lot of these alarmed tags have been overridden, and i’m struggling to find a good way to detect that automatically…

There doesn’t seem to be anything in the JSON tag export to indicate a tag property has been overridden.
system.tag.getConfiguration also doesn’t seem to help.
Any ideas?

Overwrite shows in the exported files as “something”, I don’t have a reference now but to the remove the overwrite try to set that something to nothing.

I’m afraid I was not clear,
Can you share the file of a tag and another with no overwrites to help explain?

Hi there,

Here is a snippet of a tag that DOES have an override on the AlarmPriority expression tag:

{
      "expression": "toInt(tag(\"[.]/In.AlertCurrentSeverity\")) + 1",
      "value": "0",
      "name": "AlarmPriority",
      "tagType": "AtomicTag"
    },

And here is an example of a similar tag that DOESN’T have the override on the same tag:

{
      "value": "0",
      "name": "AlarmPriority",
      "tagType": "AtomicTag"
    },

So there is a difference i suppose, but it is not clear that it is an override. I’m surprised there is no flag.
How does Ignition know during an import that this differs from the original UDT structure?