FROM
	(SELECT
	 schedOverTimemins as last5,
	 TableNum
	 FROM Tables_Data_East_V2
 	 WHERE  TableNum = 5
	) AS SUBQUERYB
	WHERE last5 IS NOT NULL 

How would I display these three values in vision horizontally? I know it's probably a simple answer, but I am stuck. I can display them vertically using a table, but I need them to display horizontally.

Thanks

See if How to concatenate text from multiple rows into a single text string in SQL Server - Stack Overflow helps.

I've never done this and haven't tested it but I think it would be something like,

SELECT 
    LEFT(Last5, LEN(SUBQUERYC) - 1) AS 'Last5'
FROM
    (SELECT TOP 3*
        FROM
	    (SELECT
	      schedOverTimemins as last5,
	      TableNum
	      FROM Tables_Data_East_V2
 	      WHERE  TableNum = 5
	    ) AS SUBQUERYB
	    WHERE last5 IS NOT NULL
    ) SUBQUERYC

Alteratively you could use a script transform on your existing result.

Not in Vision.

Hmm this doesn't seem to work. It states that SUBQUERYC is not a column. Honestly it seems ridiculous that vision doesn't have the option to transpose rows and columns easily or even pull multiple rows into a string.

I like the idea of using a simple expression binding to solve this problem. For example, I could add a dataset custom property to the label, and bind the property to my query. See the example below:

Once I have the data in the label's custom property, I can display the data by applying an expression binding to the text property of the label:

try({Root Container.Label.data}[0,0],"")+ ", "
+try({Root Container.Label.data}[1,0],"")+ ", "
+try({Root Container.Label.data}[2,0],"")

The preceding expression produces the following result:

1 Like

Well, Vision may not have script transforms built into the binding window, but you can get the effect of that by using runScript() or my objectScript() in an expression binding. Such a script can perform whatever transpose operation you like. This solution predates Perspective:

You might also find the Pseudo-SQL PIVOT from my view() expression function useful.

{ objectScript() and view() are from my free Simulation Aids Module. }

2 Likes

groupConcat:
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/groupConcat
Works (on datasets) in ~every Ignition version you're likely to come across.

2 Likes