How to expand error level diagnostic logs

This is probably a dumb question, but I can’t seem to find the answer.
I’ve seen screenshots of people on their diagnostic logs page being able to expand the details on error messages, showing information like traceback. My diagnostic logs don’t seem to have these details, nothing that shows up in the log has any details to expand. Is there a setting that I need to change?

Some log messages just don’t have any stack trace associated with them.

When they do, there’s a little “+” on the far right:

I've never seen that "+" though on any of my logged items, while I've seen other people with seemingly the same error with a stack track.
For example:

What browser are you using?

I am using Google Chrome. I just checked Firefox as well and it doesn’t have the expand for the DatasourceAuditProfile error either.

I’m stumped. What version of Ignition? You might have to call support and let them poke around…

I’m using 8.0.15. Sounds like a plan.

I have this same issue. I used to be able to expand log errors, but now everything is gone. No + at any log entry.

I vaguely recall this happening with a corrupted log file. Although I’m not 100% sure I’m remembering correctly. The solution for that is to delete the system_logs.idb file and let it get regenerated. Then you should be able to expand any new errors.

You may want to make a copy of the file system_logs before deleting if the existing logs are important. Although you should also have the wrapper logs.

That solved the problem, thank you!.

1 Like