How to fetch Gateway Tag Change Script status programmatically

Hi,
I want to fetch gateway tag change script status in ignition. How can i get that?
is there any functions to get the status?

I'm not sure that I understand the question. Are you looking for a way to programmatically obtain any or all of the Boolean values depicted below?

Hi,
Thanks for your response.

actually i have asked for fetching the status of tag change script from gateway. Please find the below screenshots for your reference.

We don't have a "supported" method for programmatically accessing this information. However, you can currently get it via scripting from the IgnitionProjectManager using something like below (in gateway scope):

from com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway import IgnitionGateway
from com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script import ProjectScriptDiagnostic

project_name = "Test"

logger = system.util.getLogger("com.example.diagnostics")

# Get a reference to the IgnitionProjectManager
gateway = IgnitionGateway.get()
project_manager = gateway.getProjectManager()

# Retrieve a list of ProjectScriptDiagnostic objects for Tag Change scripts for a specific project
diagnostics_list = project_manager.getProjectScriptDiagnostics(project_name, ProjectScriptDiagnostic.DiagnosticType.TAG_CHANGE)

# Iterate through the ProjectScriptDiagnostic results for each tag change script.
for diagnostics in diagnostics_list:
	logger.info("Script name: %s" % diagnostics.getName())

last_execution = system.date.fromMillis(diagnostics.getLastExecution())
	logger.info("Last execution: %s" % system.date.format(last_execution, "YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS"))

error_message = diagnostics.getErrorMessage()
	# error_message will be null/None if script has not run or if there is no error
	if error_message is not None:
		logger.warn("Error message: %s" % error_message)

Be advised that this under-the-hood method could change/break with new Ignition versions in the future.

2 Likes

I am unable to import IgnitionGateway :slightly_frowning_face:

The script console is designer scope; IgnitionGateway can only be imported from the gateway scope.

1 Like

There is an open feature request to allow the script console to have the option of gateway scope if you would like to upvote it:

It seems like this would be a really handy feature

1 Like

Thanks a lot Kcollins1 :slightly_smiling_face:...... now i am able fetch the details from the gateway scripts.

Most IA employees around here won't even show a script with an IgnitionGateway import. They make 'em work for it with hints and semi-evasive comments. To emphasize how dangerous this is.

I wonder why such status information is required in modules or scripts!