How to filter table by values in hidden column

As the title states, I want to filter a table by a column that has visible set to False. Currently, this doesn’t work like it should. If the column is set to visible, then the table is filtered by the value in filter.text.

This would be great to cut down on repetitive fields. I have a column that holds tag values (description tags, not PLC tags) that are almost always one of two values currently and I don’t want to display them.

Have you assigned each table column to a database column? e.g. PROPS.columns.0.field. If you’re just letting them find their own order it won’t work.

I did this successfully with a table of IP addresses. I retrieved them in format 010.003.012.009 and in format 10.3.12.9, hid the first and displayed the second and they sort in order. Clicking on the column header switches between

• 1, 2, 3
  • 1, 10, 11, 2, 20, 21
  • 99, 98, …

Yes, each column is associated with a database column. Also I should have been more clear that I’m using the built-in filter feature, not filtering through the query (although I probably will end up doing this because the filter searches for everything in the filter text field (AND) instead of searching for each word separately (OR)). Sigh…

Yes, I filtered through a named query.
We’re still waiting for the Table component to get Excel-like column filters.

1 Like