How to have different Custom Messages for an alarm for the active/clear pipelines?

Hello,

I am trying to send a message whenever a certain alarm clears, but I am having trouble finding a way to create a custom message that will be dynamic in regards to whether the alarm is cleared or not. Does anyone have a solution that might look like the following?

I'm not sure what I would put as the condition in this if statement and none of the alarm properties jump out to me as being usable in differentiating whether this is a clear or active alarm.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Alarms have a few parameters that might help with this Alarm Event Properties Reference - Ignition User Manual 8.0 - Ignition Documentation

Either {State} or {EventState}
I can't remember which property, but I remember on an older version that one of them wasn't working properly. I have no clue if they were fixed in newer versions so you should test to see that they perform the way you're expecting

Thank you! {EventState} is what I was looking for. That property isn't shown in the alarm configuration designer, the only way to see it is through the documentation and I must have missed it.

Awesome! The documentation is how I initially discovered it as well. Glad it was what you needed :slight_smile: