How to prevent Report Viewer from quering on window opening

I have a window that has a begin date and end date components. The date compoents are used in a query/dataset that is used by the report viewer. Currently when the window opens, the report viewer queries the default values in the begin and end date components. I’d like to prevent the report viewer from quering when the window opens. I tried disabling the report viewer but it still queries.

I’d like for the user to open the window, update the begin and end date components and then run the report viewer. I have the button that will update/refresh the dataset working great but just need to figure out how to prevent the report viewer from executing on startup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just don’t bind the data on the report to SQL queries. You can handle the SQL queries on the refresh/update button. So the button would look something like:data = system.db.runQuery("SELECT ......") report = event.source.parent.getComponent("Report Viewer").Data = system.db.toDataSet(data)Of course there might be more code in there. You can guarantee that the queries only happen when the user hits the button.