How to run event scripts

OK, i know that this question sounds ridiculous. But I’m really confused. I’m testing the ignition 8 Beta and its Perspective module. So I made some simple window, simple label and simple button. I added one custom property to button called ‘val’.
I made binding Label.props.text and Button.custom.val. It’s working (yay!)
And now I made the script in button. Like this: Configure Events… -> onClick -> add -> Script. My script is also very simple. It’s:
self.custom.val = 10.
And its not working. I tried to make "print ‘10’ " but the console output remains empty.
What makes me more confusedI made the script in the button “system.perspective.setTheme(‘dark’)”. And it’s also not working, but the direct onClick -> add -> Theme, setting ‘dark’ is fine. I feel like the Ignition is ignoring my scripts without even a single error message. So the question is: am I doing something wrong or is this some kind of strange error?

Look in the gateway logs. Perspective scripts run in gateway scope.

the script:
print “test!”
and i have this in log:
Unable to run function “runAction(self, event)”, code could not be compiled.
:frowning:

“print” output won’t show up in the gateway web interface logs… only in the actual wrapper log.

Cold you post a screenshot of the entire Script Editor window where you’re writing the script, along with the exact message from the gateway logs?

Sure,

And errors:

Did you type some spaces instead of use a tab?

1 Like

It’s tab, not spaces… Btw, I didn’t type anything, this is default place where the “# Write your script here” is. So You mean that it should work, but it’s not for some reason?

It should work then :confused:

If you create a new script and leave that “# Write your script here” text in and just start below it does it work?

Unfortunately, it does not help

Even when I run empty script I have error in gateway logs :confused:

Can you tell us what version of Windows you’re using, any locale information, what version of the beta this is, and maybe upload a gateway backup or just a zip file containing the data/projects directory?

Or also try this trick to give us some additional insight: Select the View node in the Project Browser (not the root node, but the node you actually supplied a name to, like “MyView”). Hold down Shift and then right-click the View node, and select Copy JSON. Paste your clipboard into your preferred text editor, save this content as “<view_name>.json”, and post that file for us.

Sure, So it goes like that:
OS for Server: Windows 7 Professional, Version 6.1, Compilation 7601 Service Pack 1
OS Designer: Windows 10, Version 1803, Compilation 17134.648
Ignition Version: 8.0.0-beta0 (b2019030802)
I noticed something weird: the processor in server is Intel Xeon E3-1220 v2, but in gateway status I see OS as “Windows 7 | amd64”

This is link to Gateway backup, and window saved as JSON file: https://mega.nz/#F!3kUwAabJ!bsHjSfYLSPwamaGd4ZOdgQ. I will keep this valid for at least a month or two

And one more thing is that we installed Ignition 8.0, by overwriting existing Ignition 7.8.5 gateway

Can I provide You any other informations? :wink:

OK, last update fixed the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like