How to set JVM memory usage?

I have a Panel Edition acting solely as an I/O server.

The main gateway is pointed at the Panel Edition’s OPCUA as a source of data.

Since that is all that is going on in the Panel Edition, how can I lower it’s memory footprint? It is currently about 1 Gig of ram.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

You can change this in the ignition.conf file. When you say you are using it as an I/O server do you mean it’s hooked up to devices? How many and how many tags?

Right now we are connected to about 20 devices and the tag count used is small.

The main gateway is pointed at an installation of Panel Edition.

This was done to give developers the ability to add or remove devices. They have admin rights on this machine, but do not have admin rights on the main gateway.

This is a workaround, because there is not enough granularity in the permissions system.

It does work! The main gateway is running on 64 bit CentOS Linux and the Panel Edition is running on Windows Server 2008 R1 (32 bit). All of this is running in VMware Enterprise.

The JVM on the Panel Edition is taking about 1 gig of ram and I was trying to cut that down.

Thanks

Dennis

You can probably lower it a bit since your tag count is low, but SQLTags and devices are a bit memory hungry right now.

Be careful, OutOfMemory result in very unpredictable behavior.

Also, if you’re not actually using the Vision client you don’t necessarily need the panel edition or whatever; Ignition + OPC-UA module by itself is totally free.

You said:
Also, if you’re not actually using the Vision client you don’t necessarily need the panel edition or whatever; Ignition + OPC-UA module by itself is totally free.

This is what I requested, and they gave CD-Keys for Panel Edition.

If I lower the memory limit, I’ll delete everything that is not used.

I guess I should go ahead and do that anyway.

Thanks, Kevin.

Dennis

Must be pretty much the same thing then :slight_smile: Now that I think about it… having a designer to at least setup your SQLTags seems pretty necessary doesn’t it…