How to track down ComponentModel Errors?

I’m getting many ComponentModel errors while a particular View is open, but I’m not sure how to find what the error is referring to in the View.
How would I go about diagnosing this?

This is the full error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot set value of valuenode to a Object

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree$ValueNode.setValueInternal(PropertyTree.java:1162)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree$ValueNode.(PropertyTree.java:1151)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree.nodeFromJson(PropertyTree.java:326)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree.nodeFromJson(PropertyTree.java:292)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree$ValueNode.write(PropertyTree.java:1213)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree.lambda$write$1(PropertyTree.java:420)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree.writeImpl(PropertyTree.java:463)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree.write(PropertyTree.java:420)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.property.PropertyTree.writeAll(PropertyTree.java:414)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ComponentModel.onPropertySync(ComponentModel.java:449)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ViewModel.lambda$onPropSync$5(ViewModel.java:324)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ComponentModel.dispatch(ComponentModel.java:394)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ComponentModel.dispatch(ComponentModel.java:400)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.ViewModel.onPropSync(ViewModel.java:321)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.PageModel$Handlers.lambda$onPropSync$18(PageModel.java:887)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniAcceptNow(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.uniAcceptStage(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.thenAccept(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.model.PageModel$Handlers.lambda$onPropSync$19(PageModel.java:885)

at com.inductiveautomation.perspective.gateway.api.LoggingContext.lambda$mdcWrap$0(LoggingContext.java:41)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.util.ExecutionQueue$PollAndExecute.run(ExecutionQueue.java:210)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

valuenode is something from a tag

PropertyTree is the props.

Seems like you might be trying to write a tagObject to the properties instead of a "valueObject" or something idk
maybe its the qualified value? And is the quality bad?

I think I’ve narrowed it down to a specific component from a module developed for us for QR scanning. It’s out of the box config of the component and as soon as that component is on the page I get 2 errors every 2 seconds while the view is open, so it must be something in the module code. I’ve reached out to the dev for assistance, but still intrigued how you would diagnose it regardless

i had something kinda similar, but for me it was just a warning, so i just ignored it xd
Maybe it contains something usefull, i was not able to remove the warnings in my code tho xd just from the logs

this is the function that seems to be triggering your error. So it seems its trying to set an object while this function only support primitives (int, string, bool... not array/object)